I am obsessed with recipe books. I have a lot.
Some of them I just like to look at because they are pretty. But there are some I return to over and over again because I love the flavours, I love the way things turn out, I love that they work (see The rant) and I love the approbation I get from my loved ones when I serve up the goodies (yes, I require constant positive reinforcement).
The list changes all the time as I flit around my bookshelf and my obsessions change, but here are my current top 5:
- Sweet – Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh – every single thing in this book is beyond.
- Healthy Baking – Jordan Bourke – baking with interesting grains, less sugar and butter, but still delish.
- Comptoir Libanais Express – Tony Kitous – easy spicy tasty fast food.
- Fire and Smoke – Rich Harris – to take your BBQing past the snag on a roll.
- Short and Sweet – Dan Lepard – my go-to bible of baking.